OUR HISTORY


1954

FIP creates the first plastic valve made in Europe. Its plant is located in Sori, a small town on the coast of Liguria.

1970

First plant built in Casella, in a 9000 square metre area.

1987

FIP joints the British-owned multinational Glynwed International plc group, founded in 1930.

1990

FIP become the first Italian thermoplastic manufacturing company to obtain ISO 9001 certification for its Quality System.

1995

A second plant is built in Casella, with a total productive area of about 18,000 sqm, organised into three specialised production units.

1999

The Glynwed Pipe Systems division accounts for 78% of the Glynwed Group’s business.

2000

FIP exports its products to more than 110 different countries and is a world leader in thermoplastics for industrial applications and pressure piping.

2001

The Glynwed Group’s Pipe Systems division merges with the Belgian Etex Group.

2003

The ongoing growth of the Etex Plastics division requires its separation from the Etex Group, setting up an independent, autonomous entity: the Aliaxis Group.

2010

The Aliaxis Group employs more than 15,000 people, is present in over 50 countries all over the world and is represented on the market by more than 100 enterprises.

Today

FIP is one of the key brands of Aliaxis Utilities & Industry and at its head quarter in Casella, over 250 people are employed in the manufacture of top quality valves out of several polymers, a wide range of fittings and a line of electronic instruments for measurement and control of fluids. Besides R&D and production, the site also operates as a distribution center for FIP