PVC-U MAIN PROPERTIES AND CHARACTERISTICS:
- Good chemical resistance: PVC-U resins guarantee excellent chemical resistance with regard to most acids and alkalis, aliphatic hydrocarbons and saline solutions. PVC-U resins are also totally compatible for the handling of food grade fluids, treated and untreated drinking water, as well as demineralised water according to current national and international standards.
- Good thermal stability: Mostly in the intermediate temperature range between 20°C and 50°C, PVC-U finds its ideal application in industrial and water supplies, assuring optimal performance in terms of mechanical resistance, good rigidity, low coefficients of thermal expansion and optimal safety factors in service.
- Lifetime: U-PVC resins feature is an high value in the material strength (Minimum Required Strength MRS = 25.0 Mpa at 20°C) and an extremely extended lifetime.
PVC-C MAIN PROPERTIES AND CHARACTERISTICS:
- High chemical resistance: the use of CORZAN™ resins, obtained from processes of post-chlorination of homopolymer PVC is a guarantee of high chemical resistance, especially to strong inorganic acids, bases and alkaline solutions, besides the optimal mechanical properties remain unchanged during the transfer of hot industrial fluids. CORZAN™ resins offer total compatibility also for the transfer of treated and untreated drinking water as well as demineralised water and spa water for therapeutic and kinotherapeutic applications.
- Optimal thermal stability: above all in the intermediate temperature range from 20°C to 85 °C C-PVC is ideal for industrial applications, guaranteeing optimal mechanical resistance, good rigidity, very low coefficients of thermal expansion and optimal safety factors in service.
- Resistance to fire: ORZAN™ C-PVC resins guarantee excellent resistance to fire, thanks to a flame onset temperature of 482°C and a high limit of oxygen index LOI = 60%. CORZAN™ C-PVC resins are classified VO, 5VB e 5VA to UL94.
- Lifetime: CORZAN™ C-PVC resins feature a high value in the circumferential breaking strength (Minimum Required Strength MRS = 25.0 MPa at 20°C) and ensure extremely extended lifetime of installations, without signs of significant mechanical or physical deterioration.