PVC-U MAIN PROPERTIES AND CHARACTERISTICS:
- Good chemical resistance: U-PVC resins guarantee excellent chemical resistance with regard to most acids and alkalis, aliphatic hydrocarbons and saline solutions. U-PVC resins are also totally compatible for the handling of food grade fluids, treated and untreated drinking water, as well as demineralised water according to current national and international standards.
- Good thermal stability: Mostly in the intermediate temperature range between 20°C and 50°C, U-PVC finds its ideal application in industrial and water supplies, assuring optimal performance in terms of mechanical resistance, good rigidity, low coefficients of thermal expansion and optimal safety factors in service.
- Lifetime: U-PVC resins feature is an high value in the material strength (Minimum Required Strength MRS = 25.0 Mpa at 20°C) and an extremely extended lifetime.
PVC-C MAIN PROPERTIES AND CHARACTERISTICS:
- High chemical resistance: the use of CORZAN™ resins, obtained from processes of post-chlorination of homopolymer PVC is a guarantee of high chemical resistance, especially to strong inorganic acids, bases and alkaline solutions, besides the optimal mechanical properties remain unchanged during the transfer of hot industrial fluids. CORZAN™ resins offer total compatibility also for the transfer of treated and untreated drinking water as well as demineralised water and spa water for therapeutic and kinotherapeutic applications.
- Optimal thermal stability: above all in the intermediate temperature range from 20°C to 85 °C C-PVC is ideal for industrial applications, guaranteeing optimal mechanical resistance, good rigidity, very low coefficients of thermal expansion and optimal safety factors in service.
- Resistance to fire: ORZAN™ C-PVC resins guarantee excellent resistance to fire, thanks to a flame onset temperature of 482°C and a high limit of oxygen index LOI = 60%. CORZAN™ C-PVC resins are classified VO, 5VB e 5VA to UL94.
- Lifetime: CORZAN™ C-PVC resins feature a high value in the circumferential breaking strength (Minimum Required Strength MRS = 25.0 MPa at 20° C) and ensure extremely extended lifetime of installations, without signs of significant mechanical or physical deterioration.